Take concrete steps to improve compliance and accountability
Individual Commitments (1)
- Commitment Type
- Core Responsibility
- Y-PEER Tajikistan commits to adopt the IASC statement on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse at the individual agency level.
- Uphold the Norms that Safeguard Humanity
1. Highlight the concrete actions taken between 1 January – 31 December 2017 to implement the commitments which contribute to achieving this transformation. Be as specific as possible and include any relevant data/figures.
Gender-based violence prevention and response
We have held several events within the confines of our goal:
1. Celebration of International Youth Day
On 12 August 2017 under the theme “Youth are the followers of the Leader of Nation”, the Y-PEER youth-led network (NGO "Hamsol ba Hamsol") in collaboration with Committee on Youth and Sport under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, UNFPA Tajikistan, as well as other national NGOs and business representatives conducted ''Volunteerism as a career ladder''.
The Project aims to empower the youth of Varzob District through strengthening the legal and material status of the NCs. Project objectives are focused on the following items: to improve the effectiveness of village structures; to enable the NCs to address the communities’ needs including youth and women; and to initiate efforts to support the development of democratic leadership, increased participation and accountability, the acquisition of resources and their transparent management, and project planning and development.
2. A. How are you measuring progress toward achieving your commitments? Only the categories selected by the organisation will be seen below.
- Through existing, internal systems or frameworks for monitoring, reporting and/or evaluation.
B. How are you assessing whether progress on commitments is leading toward change in the direction of the transformation?
Yes of course we have had transformation in our society.
3. A. Please select no more than 3 key challenges faced in implementing the commitments related to this transformation. Only the categories selected by the organisation will be seen below.
- Funding amounts
- Human resources/capacity
- IHL and IHRL compliance and accountability
B. How are these challenges impacting achievement of this transformation?
These are problems with financial resources and government support.
4. Highlight actions planned for 2018 to advance implementation of your commitments in order to achieve this transformation.
Y-PEER would like to realize the project to improve gender and rights for women.
5. What steps or actions are needed to make collective progress to achieve this transformation?
More financial resources.
6. List any good practice or examples of innovation undertaken individually or in cooperation with others to advance this transformation.
Empowering Youth through strengthening debate clubs: Y-PEER's groundbreaking initiative for amplifying debate movement and strengthening the capacity of the debaters at 5 universities has been successfully completed! We have been utilizing debate as the efficient tool for gender-besed violence prevention and response.