Reinforce, do not replace, national and local systems
Individual Commitments (1)
- Commitment Type
- Core Responsibility
- Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities commits to disseminate the 5 evidence briefs on religious and faith-based groups contributions to humanitarian response to policy makers and practitioners in support of their evidence based decision making to more fully engage local and national faith networks.
- Change People's Lives: From Delivering Aid to Ending Need
1. A. Highlight concrete actions taken between 1 January – 31 December 2018 to implement the commitments which contribute to achieving this transformation. Be as specific as possible and include any relevant data/figures as well as any good practices and examples of innovation.
The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI) continues to support the engagement of local faith actors in humanitarian aid. Last year it created recommendations for engaging local faith actors in the implementation of the global compact on refugees (https://jliflc.com/resources/joint-recommendation-on-draft-of-the-global-compact-on-refugees-programme-of-action/) and the accompanying brief (https://jliflc.com/resources/policy-brief-faith-actors-and-the-implementation-of-the-global-compact-on-refugees/).
The Initiative co-convened Faith Action for Children on the Move Forum with ACT Alliance, Adventist Development and Relief Agency, Anglican Alliance, Arigatou International, Islamic Relief Worldwide, Mennonite World Conference, Micah Global, The Salvation Army, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, World Council of Churches, World Evangelical Alliance, and World Vision in October 2018. Forum Partners believe that by working together, it is possible to end violence against children in all its forms. See https://childrenonthemove.jliflc.com for the Global Action Plan, proceedings and resources.
B. Please select if your report relates to any initiatives launched at World Humanitarian summit
- Charter for Faith-based Humanitarian Action
2. A. Please select no more than 3 key challenges faced in implementing the commitments related to this transformation. Only the categories selected by the organisation will be seen below.
- IHL and IHRL compliance and accountability
- Multi-stakeholder coordination
B. How are these challenges impacting achievement of this transformation?
Often audits take up a great amount of time and expectations of donors are not clear up front, especially for local partners this can hinder progress.