Address other groups or minorities in crisis settings
Individual Commitments (1)
- Commitment Type
- Core Responsibility
- The Viet Nam Red Cross endorses the Charter on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action
- Leave No One Behind
1. A. Highlight concrete actions taken between 1 January – 31 December 2018 to implement the commitments which contribute to achieving this transformation. Be as specific as possible and include any relevant data/figures as well as any good practices and examples of innovation.
- For Emergency Relief: persons with disabilities (PWDs) is one priority criteria set out in the guideline for selection of beneficiaries;
- For social work activities: PWDs is one among 6 target groups receiving social support via social humanitarian support activities;
- Social support mobilization has been actively conducted to provide vocational trainings and income generation for PWDs;
- Social support mobilization has been actively conducted to provide free of charge medical and health examination for PWDs.
B. Please select if your report relates to any initiatives launched at World Humanitarian summit
- Charter on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action
2. A. Please select no more than 3 key challenges faced in implementing the commitments related to this transformation. Only the categories selected by the organisation will be seen below.
- Adherence to standards and/or humanitarian principles
- Funding amounts
- Human resources/capacity
- Strengthening national/local systems
B. How are these challenges impacting achievement of this transformation?
Resources to implement need assessments, research and interventions for persons with disabilities (PWDs) are still restricted. Awareness of community and PWDs on human rights and rights of PWDs together with complexity mentality is one barrier in development and assess to PWDs supporting programs.
3. What steps or actions are needed to make collective progress to achieve this transformation?
- Soon finalization of legal framework and further instructions to support PWDs in Vietnam;
- Make use of social mass organizations in implementing PWDs supporting activities;
- Communication, education for better awareness raising on human rights and rights of PWDs.