Take concrete steps to improve compliance and accountability
Core Commitments (1)
- Core Responsibility
- Commit to promote and enhance respect for international humanitarian law, international human rights law, and refugee law, where applicable.
- Uphold the Norms that Safeguard Humanity
1. A. Highlight concrete actions taken between 1 January – 31 December 2018 to implement the commitments which contribute to achieving this transformation. Be as specific as possible and include any relevant data/figures as well as any good practices and examples of innovation.
Muslim Foundation for Culture and Development (MFCD) focused Social Accountability in the field of Humanitarian Assistance. Thus during 2018 MFCD have carried out training programs in this regard among community based organizations. These training programs enhanced the understanding of volunteers who are field workers and represent more than Thirty Five community based organizations. This area covers not only humanitarian services rendered by Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) but also services provided by various state sectors. Through out the period four programs have been done and 250 volunteers were trained. In the 2019 plan, PSEA has been integrated.
B. Please select if your report relates to any initiatives launched at World Humanitarian summit
- NEAR - Network for Empowered Aid Response
2. A. Please select no more than 3 key challenges faced in implementing the commitments related to this transformation. Only the categories selected by the organisation will be seen below.
- Funding amounts
- Institutional/Internal constraints
- Strengthening national/local systems
B. How are these challenges impacting achievement of this transformation?
Implementation of social accountability has two sides. It should be followed by the service providers and the other side is informed people. Both need awareness and training. However, to implement funding, resources and personnel are needed. Any constraint in this regard will impact the outcome. The system also has to support it.
3. What steps or actions are needed to make collective progress to achieve this transformation?
The International community should understand the local situation and must support national organizations with financial and human resources. By which organizations can reach out to both service providers and beneficiaries as well. Capacity empowerment of national NGOs is very important.